- I provide all of the services of a traditional real estate broker/agent, with one important difference: I am an Exclusive Buyer’s Agent, so I do NOT take listings or represent sellers.
- Some real estate agents call themselves “Buyer Specialists”, but if their broker or teams show their listings – which almost all of them do – then these brokers will be offering a “Disclosed Limited Agency” service (dual agency), where one broker attempts to represent both buyers and sellers. This relationship creates an inherent conflict of interest which, by law, must be admitted in writing to both buyer and seller.
- I provide an alternative type of service: I serve only my buyers. Here’s how it works:
- We meet to discuss my service and your property preferences. I can provide RMLS property searches, you can do your own searches, or we can both search;
- During property visits we discuss all aspects of dwelling and property, based on my training and nearly 20 years of experience as an exclusive buyer broker in Eugene and as a former general contractor and real estate attorney. My objective is to help the buyer to make an informed decision before making an offer and paying for formal home inspections;
- I consult confidentially with you about negotiation strategy. Price negotiation can be very stressful for buyers, particularly for buyers relocating, who often have little perspective for housing values in our community. My training and experience as an attorney makes me an effective negotiator. My buyers will tell you: I work to get the best house at the lowest possible price for the buyer (see Testimonials page);
- There is no additional cost for my buyers to have their own representation. My overall objective is to obtain the best house at the lowest possible price for my buyers. That is how I get referrals and testimonials.